Military training – Defence have done an incredible job to train you to become the professional they needed. After completing your basic training, you know that you are no longer the “civvy” you were before. While there are some amazing enhancements to you as a professional individual, around 25% of this training doesn’t easily equate to civilian life. And its knowing how to separate this 25% that gets many veterans in trouble in their transition phase.
Unfortunately, Defence doesn’t provide the “Reverse Basic Training”. EDIT, however provides a bespoke Defence Career Transition and Integration course that is personalised for each participant. This course:
- Is aligned to AQTF standards.
- Is facilitated by ex-Defence members who have also experienced their own Defence transition and have also successfully integrated into commercial workplaces.
As a student, you will:
- Personally identify and embrace your new identity outside the military uniform.
- Understand the commercial value in your military skills and how to communicate this to civilian employers.
- Have your skill set demographics passed to partnering Defence-Friendly employers to arrange real job interviews straight after the course.
- Assess your commercial job-readiness (before and after the course).
- Reverse your institutionalised thinking and language to embrace life in the civilian workforce and community.
Course dates and locations across Australia for 2019 are:
- 1 April 2019 – 3 May 2019 – Certificate III in Security Operations – Warner, QLD.
- 20 May 2019 – 14 June 2019 – Certificate III in Business Administration – Warner, QLD.
- 1 July 2019 – 26 July 2019 – Certificate III in Security Operations – Warner, QLD.
This is the only course of its type available in Australia. Learn from those who have gone before you and get direct links to employers wanting veterans who have completed this course. To express your interest in attending the course, register here. For employers wishing to be part of the program, register here.