What Services are provided by EDit?
Through a combination of formal training, individual one on one training, mentoring and partnering employers, EDIT supports exiting and ex-Defence members and families with a hand up (not a hand out) in becoming ‘commercial-ready’ and empowered to compete at a superior level on the open job market.
EDIT services include:
- AQTF aligned Defence transition and workplace integration course
- A dedicated Defence transition enquiry line (1300 00 EDIT)
- Direct links to Defence-friendly employers for veterans who successfully complete the transition training
- Individual support (mentor and on-line)
What makes the EDIT course effective?
The EDIT course is tailored specifically to meet the contemporary needs of exiting Defence members. Its effectiveness is do to the training being delivered by suitably qualified and experienced ex-Defence members who also have personally experienced and overcome the challenges of self-promotion of military skills to commercial employers and have successfully integrated a Defence culture into a non-Defence workplace. This combination of understanding, empathy and course materiel is key to providing training from an experiential perspective, not a theoretical perspective.
The EDIT course covers:
- Defining commercial skills and achievements from a military background and how to determine your commercial value to employers.
- Identifying your new career path.
- Promoting yourself through written applications (developing a CV/Résumé and Cover Letter).
- Understanding how others perceive you (360 Review, cultural adjustment, verbal language and body language and employer expectations).
- Preparing and performing to compete (company research, mock interview practice, revealing negatives and salary negotiation).
- Employer connections (workplace integration and mentoring).
Course dates are listed here
For more information, Contact Us.