Defence have done an amazing job to train you in the ways of becoming a professional service person. You know that by completing your basic training, you are no longer the “civvy” you were before. While all Defence training is great for your military job, 25% of military life doesn’t easily equate to civilian life. And knowing how to segregate this 25% gets many in trouble in their transition phase. Unfortunately, Defence doesn’t provide “Reverse Basic Training”.
EDit provides Defence Career Transition and Integration Courses that are personalised for each participant in both the group and individual sessions, whereby –
As a student, you will:
- Identify and embrace your new identity outside the military uniform.
- Understand the commercial value in your military skills and how to communicate this to civilian employers.
- Have your skill set demographics passed to partnering Defence-Friendly employers to arrange real job interviews straight after the course.
The Transition and Integration Course:
- Is accredited to AQTF standards.
- Is facilitated by ex-Defence members who have also experienced their own Defence transition and have also successfully integrated into commercial workplaces.
- Will assist you and assess your commercial job-readiness (before and after the course).
- Will reverse your institutionalised thinking and language to embrace life in the civilian workforce and community.
Course dates and locations across Australia for 2018 are to be advised.
This is the only course of its type available in Australia. Learn from those who have gone before you and get direct links to employers wanting veterans who have completed this course.
To express your interest in attending the course, register here.
For employers wishing to be part of the program, register here.