The Ex-Defence Integration Team (EDit) is a Veteran-Owned Not for Profit Organisation that supports Australian Defence Force members and their spouses to transition and integrate into the civilian community and the commercial workplace.
Established because EDit staff personally know ex-Defence members who have committed suicide, due to their inability to successfully integrate back into life after Defence. It is for this reason EDit was formed – to help Defence members understand how their military experiences add commercial value, know how to take this understanding and compete in the open job market and how to smoothly integrate into a non-military workplace.
As a result, we are passionate about helping our serving mates and their families, and we have the qualifications, Defence experience and commercial experience to help them to achieve transition success. This passion is consistent across all EDit team emmbers who are also ex-Defence or Defence partners.
A Defence member’s foundation is built on teamwork, innovation, loyalty, trust and integrity which are rare in the commercial workplace. We educate commercial businesses that ex-Defence members are a valued asset in a commercial workforce.
We are best placed in understanding the hardship ex-Defence members and their families endure when stepping out into the commercial workplace, due to our own personal military experience, the associated transition experience and assisting ADF members and partners over the past 13 years. It is the combination of our military and commercial experience, combined with the genuine passion, dedication and formal support services to help our serving mates that make it such a success. EDit intends to break down the stigma that every ex-Defence person is broken to some degree and needs a hand out.
EDit provides services across all states in Australia and New Zealand to ensure:
- ex-Defence members obtaining the best civilian integration transition training possible.
- Commercial organisations understand the positive benefits an ex-Defence member brings to their team.
- Organisations that hire ex-Defence members receive assistance in integrating the member into their civilian team, to ensure cohesive operations from day one.
- Industry qualifications are provided to suitable members to assist in employability.
- More Australian jobs are filled (with priority given to the Australian Skills Shortage vocations) by highly adaptive ex-Defence individuals.
- The cultural divide between Defence and Commercial is greatly reduced, through education and awareness training.
EDit boasts a capability of:
- 200+ years military service
- 100+ years commercial experience
- 25+ years RTO
- 13 years as ADF-specific career transitions specialists and Defence recruiters
- Assisted over 10000 exiting ADF members and partners with a 97% satisfaction rating
- A database that can report on any demographic that Defence or industry may wish to capture
- A Defence-Specific Job Vacancy Portal available to all customers
- Professional and Corporate members of the Career Development Association of Australia
- Members of the Career Industry Council of Australia
- Internationally Certified Professional Résumé Writers
- Registered employment agency
- Acknowledged by Defence Families Australia to be the only organisation that demonstrates they fully understand all the job-change issues Defence partners face at each posting
The vision EDit set out to achieve is to see more ex-Defence members in quality jobs and to break down the barriers to the commercial world through a better, more accurate understanding of the commercial value ex-Defence members bring to their organisation.